Where we are!


View Where are Anna and Ray in a larger map

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Off To Costa Rica!

Its been a while since we've been here, but since our bike trip ended we haven't been blogging about the small adventures (and some bigger!) that we've had.  Spending the past month packing up our apartment and getting ready for something new,  I have realized that we just keep making big plans.  Last year was our wedding and now this year we will be moving to the mid-west, but first we have some traveling to do.  We spent last week in San Francisco where Ray was attending a conference.  It was a chance for us to get our travel footing a little bit since tomorrow we are flying to Costa Rica.

It will be Ray's first time in a country other than the USA, and my first time out of the country in a while.  For some reason it seems like staying in one country, state, or town would be very confining, but I am sure that most of us don't notice that we haven't traveled in a while.  Then, of course, its time to get ready and while its easy to gather clothes and supplies to pack into my back pack, I never feel quite prepared for whatever we will find out there.  We have a guidebook and plans to spend most of our six weeks in Costa Rica at Rancho Mastatal where we will be volunteering and living.  I'm not quite sure what we will be doing -- maybe some gardening, cooking, natural building or helping with whatever they need us to do.  I hope we will learn a lot and, of course, get to explore another country, climate and language.

While I am looking forward to a month and a half without cell phones or much computer time, I do love sharing my stories of travel so I hope to be able to update this blog a few times while we are in Costa Rica.  We will probably have plenty of stories to share when we get back, too!

No comments:

Contributors